WrestleMania 36 has already been taped, or at least much of it has, and whatever was taped will air on Sat., April 5, and Sun., April 6, 2020. Most of the matches took place at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida, with others filmed in other locations.
There are many reports regarding matches that did or did not happen, but we won’t get into that here. Instead, we’ll simply pass along what WWE is currently promoting for the show:
- Edge vs. Randy Orton (Last Man Standing)
Orton attacked during Edge’s return promo, and they’ve been in a blood feud ever since.
- Brock Lesnar (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE championship)
McIntyre’s Royal Rumble win put him in this spot.
- Goldberg (c) vs. Roman Reigns (Universal championship)
Reigns simply declared “I’m next,” and this was booked.
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Shayna Baszler (Raw women’s championship)
Baszler won an Elimination Chamber match to put her in this spot.
- Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (NXT women’s championship)
Flair’s Royal Rumble win put her in this spot.
- Bayley (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Naomi vs. Lacey Evans vs. Tamina Snuka (SmackDown women’s championship)
Paige booked this match. It was originally to include Dana Brooke but she was removed.
- Undertaker vs. AJ Styles (Boneyard match)
It sounds like it will be just a match in a boneyard, possibly like a Buried Alive match? We don’t really know.
- John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt (Firefly Fun House match)
It sounds like it will be a match that takes place in the Fun House.
- The Street Profits (c) vs. Andrade & Angel Garza (Raw tag team championship)
They just sort of booked this match out of nowhere.
- The Miz & John Morrison vs. The New Day vs. The Usos (SmackDown tag team championship ladder match)
Miz & Morrison interfered in a number one contender match, so they were thrown into a triple threat against both of them.
- Sami Zayn (c) vs. Daniel Bryan (Intercontinental championship)
Drew Gulak beat Shinsuke Nakamura to ensure Bryan got this title shot.
- Seth Rollins vs. Kevin Owens
They’ve been going at it for months, and it seems the idea is for it to culminate here.
- Elias vs. Baron Corbin
Rob Gronkowski decided he wanted to see this match.
- Aleister Black vs. Bobby Lashley
This was just announced out of the blue, with no build up whatsoever.
That’s everything so far, which would mean 14 matches over two nights. Expect changes to come fast and furious, however. Event is April 4th and 5th on the wwe network.